Friday 10 July 2020, 14:00-15:00 CEST - In February 2020, the DVB Steering Board approved a new specification for adaptive bit-rate streaming over multicast, DVB-MABR. The solution enables the efficient mass distribution of linear and non-linear media across multicast-enabled IP networks.
With the DVB-MABR specification set to be published as an ETSI standard in due course, the focus has now shifted to implementation. This webinar will present several business cases for DVB-MABR, with real-world examples of the kinds of service it enables.
For a technical overview of DVB-MABR, see this webinar from March 2020.
Date and time
Friday 10 July 2020, 14:00-15:00 CEST
We will use the Zoom platform for this webinar. Click below to complete the brief registration process after which you will be sent a link to access the webinar.
The webinar will be introduced by Christophe Burdinat (ENENSYS Technologies), who leads the DVB-MABR task force within the DVB Commercial Module. There will be panellists from three DVB Members that offer products and services related to DVB-MABR:
• Williams Tovar, Solution Pre-sales Manager with ENENSYS Technologies (https://www.enensys.com)
• Julien Lemotheux, Standardization Expert with Orange (https://www.orange-business.com/en)
• Xavier Leclercq, VP Business Development with Broadpeak (https://broadpeak.tv/)
1. Introduction (Christophe Burdinat)
2. The case for DVB-MABR – OTT over Sat (Williams Tovar)
3. The case for DVB-MABR – The case for DVB-MABR – Next Gen IPTV (Julien Lemotheux)
4. The case for DVB-MABR – Scaling CDNs (Xavier Leclercq)
5. The case for DVB-MABR – CDN Backhauling (Williams Tovar)
There will be time for one or two questions after each presentation, and for general questions at the end.
Notes: Announcement - DVB - June 2020