MDN Workshop 2020, 09-10 June, Online.
The annual meeting point for developers working on Metadata and Artificial Intelligence in broadcasting. Metadata and AI have become absolutely central to how media organizations facilitate internal processes, manage content, and enable enriched services. Now in its 10th year, the MDN Workshop has spawned metadata standards used across the industry and ongoing collaborations that bring a diverse range of organizations together.
The event is open to the public. Due to the ongoing COVID-19-related restrictions, the MDN Workshop 2020 will be held online and is free of charge. Joining has never been easier.
On the MDN Workshop 2020 agenda
• AI for content analysis and metadata extraction: facial recognition, subject indexing, speech recognition, speech-to-text, natural language processing, live automatic translation
• AI integration in operational workflows
• Intelligent workflows and smart metadata platforms
• Data models: semantic, graph data and linked data
• Semantic media asset and metadata management, data factories, user experience
• The value of open source metadata tools
• Use cases, projects, proof-of-concepts, best practice and deployment for broadcast, on-demand services, news, sport, archives and archive preservation.
Notes: Press Release - EBU - 13 May 2020